GST Rate Finder App: The Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched New a 'GST Rates Finder' mobile app using which those who are liable to pay Goods and Services Tax or GST can search for different tax rates.
The GST Rates Finder mobile app could be downloaded from the Google Play store, tweeted IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. The "Mobile app 'GST Rates Finder' is available on the Android and iOS platform," The Finance Ministry said in a tweet.
The GST Rates mobile app can be downloaded on any smartphone and can also work in offline mode, Fin Min informed. "Through this app, the user can determine GST rate for a good or a service by entering the name or chapter heading of the commodity or service," it further said.
Apart from the 'GST Rates Finder' mobile app, users can also log on to Central Board of Excise and Customs website to know different rates of GST as CBEC "has also provided a GST rate finder on its portal http://cbec-gst.gov.in to help taxpayers know applicable GST rate on their supplies", the ministry added.
How to use GST Rate Finder Mobile App:
- The First Download the GST Rates Finder Mobile App from Playstore on Android Smart Phones. After downloading the GST app, enter the name or chapter heading of the commodity or service in the search box.
- Immediately the list of all the goods and services containing the name which has been typed in the search box.
- Click on any of the items and a pop-up will appear on the screen, which displayed containing the GST rate app of the item.
- It also contains the description of the goods or services and the chapter heading of the Harmonised System of Nomenclature (HSN).
- The GST Rates Finder app would also a work in offline mode.