Google TEZ App: The Google has officially launched TEZ - Digital payment app which was launched in India on September 18, has been downloaded five million + times from Google Play. It uses UPI (Unified Payments Interface) and works with all major banks and Google also has Axis, HDFC Bank, ICICI and State Bank of India as partners.
You can pay directly from your bank account, so you don’t need to open a separate account recharge wallets. It has several offers such as Scratch Cards offer, Lucky Sundays Lucky Draw Offer and referral rewards for users.
According to the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), the number of transactions on UPI has crossed three crores in September.
The number of transactions on UPI platform increased to 3.07 crores in September as against 1.66 crores in August - an increase of 85.32 percent.Of the 3.07 crores transactions, BHIM's share was 76.03 lakh - a market share of nearly 24.7 percent.
Highlights of Google Tez App:
- Transfer directly to your bank account. Link your account to Tez over UPI and instantly transfer money from bank to bank.
- Tez Shield works 24/7 to help detect fraud, prevent hacking, and verify your identity. Each transaction is secured with your UPI PIN and the app is secured with a Google PIN or fingerprint.
- Tez works with all major Indian banks and with a vast majority of smartphones. Offers language support for English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Tez’s Cash Mode lets you instantly send or receive payments to anyone nearby without sharing personal details like your phone number or bank account.
- Get Tez Scratch Cards in the app and be eligible to win up to Rs. 1,000 with each eligible transaction. Plus, your weekly transactions enroll you in Tez’s Lucky Sundays contest where you could win Rs. 1 lakh every week. If you win, your rewards go straight into your bank account.
- Pay through debit and credit cards on Tez, Pay and set reminders for recurring bills such as DTH are coming soon